Science: It's Worth Doing Badly [CAPC]

3:17 PM James 0 Comments

A younger student of mine recently remarked, “No one can be good at everything, because then they would fail at failing.” If she had been in my Logic class, I would have given her extra credit for that little gem, but it was Science. And the reason failure was on her mind was because her experiment didn’t yield the results she wanted. She felt like a failure and was trying to comfort herself with a witty proverb.

.... As I reflected on the nature of failure in science, I realized there is an important and meaningful perspective missing in how science is taught and valued in our culture. Read the rest of my article over at Christ and Pop Culture to see what that is.

*If you like this article, please consider supporting my writing by becoming a patron, and get cool rewards in return.

0 comments :